[c-nsp] WS-X4506-GB-T Ports not connected

Nic Tjirkalli nic.tjirkalli at za.verizonbusiness.com
Tue Aug 26 07:30:20 EDT 2008

howdy ho,

> * Sebastian Wiesinger <cisco-nsp at tracker.fire-world.de> [2008-08-26 12:30]:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm having a little problem here with a new Cisco 4510R-E. It's
>> running the following configuration:
>
> Problem solved. Someone hinted that I should not assume that the
> linecard does have auto MDI/X detection. Which apparently it hasn't.
> So connecting a crossover cable solved the problem.
>
> I was under the impression that auto MDI/X was a feature present on
> all linecards but it seems I was wrong. Or is there a way to turn this
> on on a port? I looked over the commands for the port but didn't see
> anything obvious..
in my expeierence not all line cards support the auto MDI/X feature but
for those taht do, add the command :-
mdix auto
on the interface

hope this helps

later

> Regards,
>
> Sebastian
>
> --
> GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
> 'Are you Death?' ... IT'S THE SCYTHE, ISN'T IT? PEOPLE ALWAYS NOTICE THE SCYTHE.
>            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

I'm not cheap, but I am on special this week.

Nic Tjirkalli
Verizon Business South Africa
Network Strategy Team

Verizon Business is a brand of Verizon South Africa (Pty) Ltd. This e-mail
is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless
otherwise indicated.

Company Information:http:// www.verizonbusiness.com/za/contact/legal/