[c-nsp] Netflow + Subinterfaces 7200 -> 7600

Sebastian Wiesinger cisco-nsp at tracker.fire-world.de
Wed Aug 27 05:58:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm replacing a few 7200(NPE-G1) with 7600(RSP720) and I'm wondering
what would be the best way to do netflow accounting with Vlans on the
new platform.'m replacing a few 7200(NPE-G1) with 7600(RSP720) and
I'm wondering what would be the best way to do netflow accounting with
Vlans on the new platform.

Currently, the configuration on the 7200 is like this:

GigabitEthernet0/1.2
 [..]
 ip flow ingress
!

Now, on the 7600, should I also use Subinterfaces with "ip flow
ingress"? Would that work? Or should I use Vlan interfaces and then
use

ip flow ingress layer2-switched vlan 2

If I do that I should NOT specify "ip flow ingress" on the Vlan
interface, right? I would assume it would count traffic twice (once
when received on an interface where ip flow ingress is active and then
when it is routed from that interface into Vlan 2)?

Also it seems that SRC1 doesn't have per-interface flow configuration
for IPv6. :( Does someone know if that is planned in further releases?

Regards,

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant