[c-nsp] Replacing Catalyst 4507 with Catalyst 6509

Ahmed Mohamed ahmedazim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:04:14 EDT 2008

Hello,

i work with Orange, a Network Service Provider,
we are in an upgrade project for replacing the old Catalyst 4507 with 6509,
my question is about the corresponding IOS for the current existing on the
old switches,
the IOS on old switches are :
cat4000-i5s-mz.122-20.EW
cat4000-i5s-mz.122-25.EWA
cat4000-i5k91s-mz.122-25.EWA

i want to know the corresponding to them for 6500,

i checked for the feature set of these images and found it as below :

cat4000-i5s-mz.122-20.EW
--------------------------
 Cisco IOS Software for the Cisco Catalyst 4500 Supervisor Engine IV and V
 Enhanced Layer 3 and voice software image, including OSPF, IS-IS, and EIGRP
cat4000-i5s-mz.122-25.EWA
--------------------------
 Cisco IOS Software for the Cisco Catalyst 4000/4500 supervisor engines IV
and V, and Catalyst 4500 Series Supervisor Engine V-10GE
 Enhanced Layer 3 and voice software image, including OSPF, IS-IS, and EIGRP
cat4000-i5k91s-mz.122-25.EWA
 Cisco IOS Software for the Cisco Catalyst 4000/4500 supervisor engines IV
and V, and Catalyst 4500 Series Supervisor Engine V-10GE, with 3DES strong
encryption
 Enhanced Layer 3 and voice software image, including OSPF, IS-IS, and EIGRP

but from this point i wasn't able to search for the same feature set on 6500
platform, any help?

Thanks

Ahmed Azim
Orange Business Services