[c-nsp] which IOS supports sup720 + FlexWAN + PA-POS-OC3?

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Wed Aug 27 19:11:51 EDT 2008

On Aug 26, Ian Cox <icox at cisco.com> wrote:

> PA-POS-OC3 has been supported in both FlexWANs since they FCS'd. Maybe
> that particular PA has the idprom messed up. Try doing a sh diagbus with
> it inserted and see what the PA idprom is telling the system.
FYI: thanks to Ian I found out that the problem is that FlexWANs do
not support OIR even for plug-in, not just for unplugging.
The Ethernet PA I first tried worked when hotplugged, but the POS one
just failed unless I first unplugged the FlexWAN.

BTW: my FlexWANs happily accepted a 256 MB SODIMM from my old MSFC2, and
even work with one 256 MB and one 64 MB banks (CEF is enabled only on
the first slot now, but I do not need the other one anyway).

--
ciao,
Marco