[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 vlan issue

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Mon Dec 1 07:50:50 EST 2008

On (2008-12-01 12:02 +0000), David Freedman wrote:

> SIP/SPA does indeed provide per-port local VLAN significance for this
> platform, please prepare your wallet in such case :)

Not 100% sure where this reply was directed, but SIP/SPA has exactly
same caveats as ES+, you're still limited to 4k VLANs per chassis,
as each L3 interface sucks 1 VLAN, ES+ nor SIP/SPA changes this.
And the actual number of interface is even lower than 4k, if you use
VRFs, as each VRF suck one VLAN too, if you are not utilizing VPN-CAM.

--
  ++ytti