[c-nsp] Netflow for 6500?

David J. Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Tue Dec 9 00:22:32 EST 2008

My understanding is that netflow export has been available since Sup1
PFC1.

However, if you are coming from a "router" platform you are in for a
few surprises.  If you want to do per-interface netflow (i.e. specify
the L3 interfaces you want to get data for) then you need to be
running SXH.  There are several CCO documents that either hint or
state that it supports per-interface on any SX code but that's not the
case.  A recent TAC case has had some of those documents removed from
Cisco's web site.

And running SXH sounds like a barrel of laughs from all reports.  We
have netflow export configured on Sup720 / SXF boxes and doing a lot
of post-processing to get rid of the data we don't want.

David