[c-nsp] URL redirection

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Dec 10 02:17:40 EST 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 14:58:48 Arie Vayner (avayner)
wrote:

> Google most likely uses some kind of IP geo-lookup, and
> they use your source IP to decide to which page you would
> be redirected.

This stuff gets quite annoying when it doesn't work the way
it should.

We have a case open for almost a month now with Google and
Yahoo, to get some of our address space updated with the
Geo-location service providers - it keeps saying we're in
some country we're not, when clearly we're not.

It's a shame that updating this information takes so long.

Mark.