[c-nsp] 'sh cdp neighbor' on IOS shows the serial of CatOS as part of name

Deny IP Any Any denyipanyany at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 14:04:53 EST 2008

perhaps this is just nitpicking, but I've always hated show a 'show
cdp ne' on an IOS-based switch will show both the serial of a CatOS
switch as the name. Is there a way to change this to only show the
name of the remove device?

Example:

BW-3750-CoreSWA# show cdp neighbors
Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
                  S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone

Device ID        Local Intrfce     Holdtme    Capability  Platform  Port ID
JAE062208PV(WH-B5-2)
                 Gig 2/0/49        149           T S      WS-C2948  2/49

The switch named WH-B5-2 is a 2948G running 8.4(11)GLX.

If I do a 'show cdp nei' from CatOS, it only shows the name.
WH-B5-1> (enable) show cdp neighbors
* - indicates vlan mismatch.
# - indicates duplex mismatch.
Port     Device-ID                       Port-ID                   Platform
 2/1     WH-B5-2                         2/1                       WS-C2948

--
deny ip any any (4393649193 matches)