[c-nsp] IOS IPS updates

Brian Stiff (bstiff) bstiff at cisco.com
Tue Dec 9 17:34:59 EST 2008

Hi Mike, comments in-line at B>

Regards,
Brian

From: "Michael Simpson" <mikie.simpson at gmail.com>
Subject: [c-nsp] IOS IPS updates

Hi there,

Does anyone know why the ios ips updates at
<http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ios-v5sigup> are no longer
being updated and haven't been since October?

B>  The latest sig file updates have been deferred to accommodate some
changes in the process for translating the sensor signatures to IOS IPS.
Sorry for the delays, but you can very likely expect to see recent sig
updates made available for IPS in the next several days.

I usually roll out updates by cli onto the 877s at our branches. Do i
now have to use CCP for this because i would rather not as i would
rather not use java or X on my openbsd boxen.

B>  CLI support for configuring IOS IPS v5 signature support is
documented here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/ips_v5.html.

Brian Stiff
Product Marketing Engineer