[c-nsp] DS3 mux issues

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Dec 10 09:34:23 EST 2008

Darryl Dunkin wrote:
> The line code for individual T1s is handled on the MUX. Based on the
> counters of line code violations, I'd check there first and see what it
> is set to.

Thanks to all the replies.  Here what the mux is configured for currently:

- DS3
     ds3    circuitid "DS3"
     ds3        clock int
     ds3  clockrevert on
     ds3    equipment off
     ds3      framing m23
     ds3       length short
     ds3         line off
     ds3   loopdetect off
     ds3      payload off
     ds3         send off
     ds3    threshold off
     Performance Thresholds:         15 min.      1 hour       1 day
                                    --------    --------    --------
     coding violations - line:           387        1161        3865
     errored seconds - line:              25          75         250
     coding viols-path p-bit:            382        1146        3820
     err seconds - path p-bit:            25          75         250
     loss of signal secs - line:           4          12          40
     sev err seconds - line:               4          12          40
     sev err sec - path cp-bit:            4          12          40

-  1
     ds1 1   circuitid "DS1 1"
     ds1 1      enable
     ds1 1   equipment off
     ds1 1      length dsx0
     ds1 1        line off
     ds1 1    linecode b8zs
     ds1 1  loopdetect off
     ds1 1    metallic off
     ds1 1        send off
     Performance Thresholds:         15 min.      1 hour       1 day
                                    --------    --------    --------
     coding violations - line:         13340       40020      133400
     errored seconds - line:              65         195         648

-  2
     ds1 2   circuitid "DS1 2"
     ds1 2      enable
     ds1 2   equipment off
     ds1 2      length dsx0
     ds1 2        line off
     ds1 2    linecode b8zs
     ds1 2  loopdetect off
     ds1 2    metallic off
     ds1 2        send off
     Performance Thresholds:         15 min.      1 hour       1 day
                                    --------    --------    --------
     coding violations - line:         13340       40020      133400
     errored seconds - line:              65         195         648

So it looks like my DS1 linecode is ok.  The length of "dsx0"
corresponds to 0-110'.  Would clocking keep the DS1 from coming up?  I'm
currently trying to generate the clock on the 7206 since we don't have
another external clock source in that CO.  Eventually we'll have several
M13s (though probably not another Wide Bank brand... what a clunky
EOF...).  Should I generate the clock on the M13 or the router?

Thanks
  Justin