[c-nsp] Detect Upstream ISP's BGP problems.

tkacprzynski at SpencerStuart.com tkacprzynski at SpencerStuart.com
Fri Dec 12 10:57:53 EST 2008

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how to best configure peering with two ISPs.
Basically this is a dual providers setup. Both ISP will send me the
default route (I will set one with LOCAL PREF). My question is how would
I detect a routing problem with one ISP's bgp network and failover to
the other one?

I know I could ask the ISPs to provide me a core route and use
conditional advertisement, which would work well for traffic coming
inbound, but what about outbound? How can I make the default route
disappear from an ISP that is having internal problems.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Tom