[c-nsp] High SNMP CPU with SXH. Is SXI any better?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Dec 12 12:25:59 EST 2008

> I haven't looked into it, but perhaps you can find a cisco specific
> mib, maybe cef or mls specific that doesn't have this performance

CISCO-SWITCH-ENGINE-MIB::cseCef* are the ones. However, they contain
basically the entire FIB & adjacency entries. They're faster to walk,
but their size can make the whole process slower :o(

> penalty?  Otherwise, I bet a query via clogin outperforms the snmp
> table.

It certainly does. ~10 seconds versus ~2min 30sec on our busiest router.

Cisco - Offering the very best in 1970s Network Management Technology...