[c-nsp] High SNMP CPU with SXH. Is SXI any better?

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Fri Dec 12 13:29:21 EST 2008

On the router with the problem we have 18K entries and our HP NNM
management platform can only use snmp to get  the ARP and bridge
mib.   How in the world does CISCO do it with their net management
products?  Hmm... Maybe it doesn't also.

So now I have two great management tools, NETFLOW and SNMP that I
can't use.

Our next upgrades may not be CISCO and I know we are not the only ones.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network systems
Princeton University