[c-nsp] 7600 Sup720 IOS Image

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Mon Dec 15 06:58:18 EST 2008

Hi there..

We have a 7606 that's been running for 30 weeks now with no problems.
Starting a few days ago, we'd had two incidents where a supervisor card has
reloaded.  With SSO redundancy mode in place, the impact hasn't been too
major but definitely enough to get our attention ;(  The chassis has a pair
of sup720-3BXL's in place so with two switchovers now in place, it's back to
running on the same sup card it was when this started.

I have my doubts about sudden hardware failures - thinking more of a
software related issue??

Current image is 12.2(33)SRC Advanced Enterprise and I'm considering
upgrading to 12.2(33)SRD Advanced Enterprise and looking for feedback..

Thanks in advance,

Paul