[c-nsp] MPLS-VPN migration

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Thu Dec 18 02:11:42 EST 2008

Tim,

Another option is to attach the existing network to the relevant VPN as
a CE, and maintain connectivity to the non-migrated sites through the
old topology, while every migrated site would become reachable via the
VPN.

In this case you just connect the old network through an "ASBR" to a
major PE (you can have 2 or 3, but would be easier in active/standby if
BW is not the issue etc as you would be creating backdoor links inside
the VPN). As soon as the old network is connected, you can run expand
the IGP of the global routing into the VPN, so reachability would be
maintained.

Let me know if you want to explore this a bit more.

Arie