[c-nsp] RSP4 as route server? - seeking suggestions and opinions

Sat Dec 20 10:27:59 EST 2008

Hi,

I've only been recently tasked with looking into possible (re)uses for this
box so I'm not sure how it managed to handle 2 sets of full routes either.

The first thing that came to mind when tasked with this was actually
Quagga/OpenBGPD. There appears to be a discussion on Linux Gigabit routers
on the NANOG-ML but the discussion seems skewed towards forwarding
performance rather than BGP scalability.

Understandably, open source routing daemons aren't exactly cisco-nsp, but
could you (or others on-list) share opinions on this?

Thanks!

--
Ang Kah Yik (bangky) - http://blog.bangky.net