[c-nsp] BW allocation

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Dec 22 23:32:58 EST 2008

ambedkar wrote:
> Hi, i am having 256kbps BW. I want to divide the BW into two channels
> consists of 128kbps each. please suggest how to divide.
> bye.

Ummm...

By two?

Seriously, can you give some more detail as to what hardware and what
layer-2 transport you are using, and exactly what you're trying to
accomplish?  Bi-directional?  Allow each channel to burst if the other
is idle?  If, for example, you are dealing with a router having
fractional T-1 circuits in and out the solution will be different than
on a layer-2 ethernet switch, and different for frame-relay PVCs.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net