[c-nsp] 6509 with ws-x6148 or ws-x6348?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Dec 23 15:50:17 EST 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, Paul Stewart wrote:

> For a LAN party though, throughput shouldn't really matter that much....
> you're using a Cisco switch which is MUCH better than any LAN party I've
> seen.  The last one I went to had several hundred computers connected on
> Dlink crap.... that didn't work so good..;)

Guess it all matters what kind of LAN parties we're talking about. There
are the ones with 10k computers that have CRS-1 as core and Sup720 with
10GE as distribution, pushing 20+ gigabit/s of Internet bw (over OC768
IPoDWDM uplink card), then I guess there are the ones you're talking
about.

So I would be dismissing need because it's a "LAN party" without knowing
more about what scale we're talking.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se