[c-nsp] BGP - Older routes?

Daniel daniel at ipv6-network.de
Fri Feb 1 11:02:04 EST 2008

Guten Tag Vincent De Keyzer,

am Freitag, 1. Februar 2008 um 16:22 schrieben Sie:

> Hello list,

> I have a BGP router with 2 eBGP peers (upstreams). This morning one of
> the two upstreams (say A) had a scheduled maintenance, and most of the
> outgoing traffic went to B. But when A came back up 4 hours longer,
> outgoing traffic mostly kept going through B, and traffic towards A did
> not reach back its previous level. As a consequence, there currently is
> now too much traffic going to B (given the current CDR).

try to use local-prefs for it. For example:

route-map PREFFERED permit  1
 set local-preference 501

 neighbor xxx remote-as xxxx
 neighbor xxx description GHOSTnet-PEER-KL
 neighbor xxx next-hop-self
 neighbor xxx route-map in PREFFERED

Note: Its not a quagga config maybe u have to use

neighbor xxx route-map PREFFERED in

give it a try

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen