[c-nsp] multicast routing to VLAN1?

William willay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 06:32:41 EST 2008

Hi,

We have a 4500+SUP4 running 12.1.19 EW1, running IOS throughout.

We have a requirement to push multicast packets from VLAN200 (routed)
to VLAN1 (routed, VLAN1 used because of legacy issues).

On both VLAN interfaces we have ip pim sparse mode enabled, and have
also added join statements to try to get it working.

We are unable to get the multicast pushed over to VLAN1, we can see
the machine(s) pumping out the multicast onto VLAN200 but nothing
getting across.

Is there some limitation because of the use of VLAN1? or am I missing
something else?

Cheers,