[c-nsp] FWSM IP migration

Steve Wright lists at visp.me.uk
Mon Feb 4 17:53:15 EST 2008

Hey all,

I'm currently planning an IP migration, and one of the issues I'm going to
hit and I'm not sure of the way around it... traffic coming into new_int
will get translated from 192.168.2.1 -> 10.10.10.1, however as the default
route on the FWSM point out via old_int it won't get passed through as their
will be no existing connection... if I change the default route, that will
work for new connections inbound, but then break the existing outbound
statements...

192.168.1.0/24           192.168.2.0/24
  Old_int                   new_int
192.168.1.1               192.168.2.1

             10.10.10.1 (CSM VIP)
               /  \
     10.11.11.1    10.11.11.2

How would you go about doing this without it being a big hit changeover?

Thanks for any advice/ guidance,