[c-nsp] ASA & dropped packets from NMS

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 5 02:54:41 EST 2008

Hi,

we just moved one of our NMS behind an ASA firewall. So far, most
everything works, but we've noticed a certain amount of dropped/lost
packets ever since we did. I assume it's some kind of throttling on the
ASA side, as it affects things like Smokeping, which sends out a short
burst of packets to the destinations; but also some SNMP packets don't
make it out (or back). Before the change, we didn't have any problems of
this kind.

I did not find any info on what could be causing this ... anybody have
some ideas???

Tnx, -garry