[c-nsp] Multipoint L2TPV3 tunnel / MPLS VPN over IP Tunnel

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Feb 5 09:42:10 EST 2008

Masood Ahmad Shah <mailto:masood at nexlinx.net.pk> wrote on Tuesday,
February 05, 2008 3:23 PM:

> Well, router is 7507 running with 12.4(16)
> rsp-jk9o3sv-mz.124-16.bin... I
> believe that 12.4 enterprise image is supporting such features...

no, it is not. You need 12.0S, which is the only train currently
supporting this feature (as it has very limited deployment exposure,
practically limited to one large and possibly some smaller networks).

> Is there any special release to get the advantages of multipoint
> L2TPV3 tunnel over 7500 or 7200...

See above, but make sure to test this in the lab first as 12.4M and
12.0S feature list is quite different (general mainline 12.4 vs. Service
Provider-centric 12.0S).

Running MPLS is no option for you?

	oli