[c-nsp] EoMPLS between 7600 & 7200 config clarification

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Feb 5 16:05:45 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 21:48 +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 02:15:40PM -0600, Justin Shore wrote:
> > I'm in a similar boat as Jose.  What options for EoMPLS do we people
> > with 6700s have?  I'm trying physical to physical with no luck.
>
> physical to physical should work, according to the documentation.  I
>  haven't tried it yet, though.

Port mode (physical<->physical) works on 6500 SXF, not 7600 SXF (or
12.2SR at all?) according to FN. Very strange, but one of the few
feature differences between 6500 and 7600 on SXF.

We have EoMPLS Port Mode working fine on several 6500 SXF6 without
problems. Will try it on a pair of 7600 SRBs and post the results when I
get to it.

First side note: EoMPLS Port Mode is really sweet, transparent to CDP,
STP and even UDLD. :-)

Second side note: Does anyone maintain a FAQ for this list? Does anyone
have one lying around? Seems we could collect a lot of useful knowledge.
And pointing people to FAQs would probably educate them more than just
repeating everything. (Still waiting for that "mother of all FAQs"...)

Regards,
Peter