[c-nsp] SPANTREE-SP-2-RECV_BAD_TLV

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Wed Feb 6 09:56:24 EST 2008

I may be wrong, but I believe SSTP is better known as per VLAN STP
(PVST+).   The 6509 is probably complaining that its receiving a regular
802.1D BPU when its expecting a PVSTP+ BPDU on vlans 21 and 60.  The
Cisco PVSTP+ BPDUs have an extra TLV (Type Length Vector) on the end
which specifies the VLAN the BPDU is for.  The PVST+ Vlan TLV helps
detect problems if the Vlans somehow get mixed together.   I have to
wonder why you are running PVST+ thru Nortel switches why may or may not
support it.  I know that later versions of software on the Nortel
Passport 8600s can support PVST+