[c-nsp] WS-X6348-RJ-45 and Output drops

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:54:51 EST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 1:44 PM, David Freedman <david.freedman at uk.clara.net> wrote:
 > I note you didn't paste show int for this.

No there is no drops, but on F1/2 there is minimum of traffic (1:100 comparing
to Fa1/1 or Fa1/48).

> The reason I ask is that the drops *can* be as a result of policy (or
> lack of ability) as opposed to performance, from experience.

Probably is lack of buffers, like Gert metioned.

> For instance, you have STP BPDU filtering enabled on f1/1 and f1/48
> but not f1/2, do you still see the drops on f1/2? could the drops be
> filtered STP BPDUs perhaps?

I turned BPDU filter off, cleared counters, shut/no shut on the port.
Drops are still increasing ...

Can I configure something to prevent this drops ? Or maybe I should
replace this card with WS-X6148 will resolve my problem ?

#sh queueing interface fa1/1
Interface FastEthernet1/1 queueing strategy:  Weighted Round-Robin
  Port QoS is enabled
  Port is untrusted
  Extend trust state: not trusted [COS = 0]
  Default COS is 0
    Queueing Mode In Tx direction: mode-cos
    Transmit queues [type = 2q2t]:
    Queue Id    Scheduling  Num of thresholds
       1         WRR low             2
       2         WRR high            2

    WRR bandwidth ratios:  100[queue 1] 255[queue 2]
    queue-limit ratios:     70[queue 1]  30[queue 2]

    queue tail-drop-thresholds
    --------------------------
    1     80[1] 100[2]
    2     80[1] 100[2]

    queue thresh cos-map
    ---------------------------------------
    1     1      0 1
    1     2      2 3
    2     1      4 5
    2     2      6 7

    Queueing Mode In Rx direction: mode-cos
    Receive queues [type = 1q4t]:
    Queue Id    Scheduling  Num of thresholds
       1         Standard            4

    queue tail-drop-thresholds
    --------------------------
    1     100[1] 100[2] 100[3] 100[4]