[c-nsp] WS-X6348-RJ-45 and Output drops

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Feb 7 09:41:57 EST 2008

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Robert Hass wrote:

> Can I configure something to prevent this drops ? Or maybe I should
> replace this card with WS-X6148 will resolve my problem ?

According to cisco docs, the per port buffers on the 6148 are no better.
WS-X6548-RJ-45 has 1MB/port buffers.  We had a 6500 with a busy FE port,
and swapping from a WS-X6348-RJ-45 to a WS-X6548-RJ-45 made a big
difference in the output drops (but didn't totally stop them).

http://cio.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_module_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080394e16.html