[c-nsp] pix question

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Feb 7 14:55:06 EST 2008

Raman Sud wrote:
> Show version will do the trick as well!

Don't forget to prepend "88" to the output of the sh ver serial number.
  Ie, if sh ver says it's "81234567" then the actual SN is "8881234567".
  I went through that yesterday trying to figure out the SN of a 515E
we're putting on a SmartNet.  It did not have a SN sticker on it.  Oddly
enough all our other 515Es have their SN sticker on the side.  They are
placed perfectly so that they can not be read if they are mounted in a
2-post rack.  You've got to love that.

Justin