[c-nsp] WS-X6348-RJ-45 and Output drops

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:21:11 EST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 6:20 PM, Justin Shore <justin at justinshore.com> wrote:
> Gert Doering wrote:
>
> >> The 6148A model has 5.3MB of buffer per port whereas the plain 6148 only
> >> has 128KB.  That might suit his needs too.
> >
> > Watch out.  I think you're comparing 100Mbit modules with GigE modules.

The 6148A 10/100 version has ~5MB buffers too, so Output drops issue should be
present there. I'll check our spare cards storage, maybe we have 6148A on
stock.

Currently I found that I can group buffers from each 12 ports. It could be
done by hidden command 'wrr-queue mode-cos group-buffers' on first FE of
each 12 port groups. It gives about 1MB buffer instead of 100kB.  Anybody
here tried group-buffering already ? I will try to commit this command on my
Catalayst tomorrow.

Robert