[c-nsp] Netflow Export Problem

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 04:54:06 EST 2008

mihai at duras.ro wrote:
> On Sun, February 3, 2008 4:06 pm, Phil Mayers wrote:
>
>>> Checking my own MLS NDE configurations, it looks very similar - *but*
>>> I am not exporting to a VRF.  So a possible issue could be that the PFC
>>> export isn't VRF capable.
>> It isn't. Annoyingly.
>>

> Hello all,
>

> Sorry for the late answer and thank you all for the help.
>
> I tried placing a machine in the global table and to export netflow to
> it...and still I only get local traffic (no traffic from VRF interfaces).
>
> From what I understand from you there is no workaround around this ?

Not so - I am getting netflow from VRF interfaces. What I meant was, you
can't emit the netflow *packets* from a VRF interface.

If you're really only getting software flows, check yuo have "mls nde
sender" configured:

FWIW, my netflow-related config:

ip flow-export destination 155.198.63.88 6999
ip flow-export source Loopback1
ip flow-export version 9
mls flow ip interface-full
mls nde sender
int VlanXX
   ip flow ingress

> I mean other than placing a SPAN port or inline device there is no
> alternative to have something like netflow info regarding the local vrf
> interfaces ? (these are not even MPLS but only vrf lite)

Netflow works with VRF interfaces.