[c-nsp] DHCP Relay for LAN behind VPN HW Client

Vincent gscisco at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:32:57 EST 2008

Hi ,

Just trying to get my head around whether the following setup we have in
mind will work.

DHCP Server ---> VPN 3030 concentrator <<<<IPSEC Remote access Tunnel>>>>
VPN3002 HW Client --> Local Lan with users.

Now we would like the local LAN behind the VPN3002 HW Client to receive an
IP from the DHCP server behind the VPN 3030 concentrator. This will
obviously work with remote access tunnel via VPN clients. However could we
also get this done for the users behind the remote access client (the 3002
here).

Normally the VPN 3002 can provide DHCP server functionality but I'm not
entirely sure whether it would also relaying. I'm afraid it won't.

I will try to setup a test for this but if anyone has already experience on
this that would be very helpful :)

Thanks and regards,
Vincent