[c-nsp] DHCP Relay for LAN behind VPN HW Client

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Feb 8 08:37:17 EST 2008

Hi Vincent,

Do you have L3-termination on a router behind the 3002 on the LAN side?
In that case you can forward the DHCP requests via an "ip
helper-address". This converts local broadcasts to unicast packets
destined for e.g. the DHCP server. That works fine through an IPSec
tunnel.

Otherwise the 3002 might be able to relay itself. I don't have a 3002
nearby, but the 3005 has DHCP Relay options under "Configuration" ->
"System" -> "IP Routing" -> "DHCP Relay". That might work as you want.

Regards,
Peter