[c-nsp] Decent Network Documentation and Topology

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:21:52 EST 2008

Hello,

Please unicast me a copy of documentation you did or came across that you
consider "Ideal" or good enough because I have lost the sense of how a good
one would look like, I am supporting a corporate network with a lot of
switches and firewalls and another with MGXs.

>From your perspective, what is to be considered enough to troubleshoot
problems in a corp.(switches + PIX + WAN routers) environment:

1)       Physical (Switch interfaces + trunks+ vlans)

2)       Logical (IP addresses, routes)

3)       Traffic flow in accordance with spanning tree?

4)       Excel sheet with interfaces names and description

5)       Anything else?

Regards,
Kim