[c-nsp] %SBETH-3-ERRINT on NPE-G1

alandaluz at gmail.com alandaluz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 02:58:07 EST 2008

I moved a bunch of PPPoE sessions over to a 7200 with a new NPE-G1 this
evening.

Every 30 minutes or so I get an error similar to this:

Feb 10 00:47:43 MST: %SBETH-3-ERRINT: GigabitEthernet0/2, error interrupt,
mac_status = 0x0000000000840000

Seen it on both G0/1 and G0/2.  Unfortunately, this causes my OSPF sessions
to bounce for a few seconds causing some grief.

Currently running C7200-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M on 12.4(6)T10, but have also tried
12.4(9)T7, 12.4(15)T3 and 12.4(15)T1.

Anybody have any clues? I almost at wits end.

Appears this NPE-G1 is a "revision C". My other NPE-G1's are "revision A"
and do not exhibit this issue.

Thanks,

Cassidy