[c-nsp] SmartNet coverage on Cisco's chassis-based products

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Mon Feb 11 17:39:15 EST 2008

Jason LeBlanc wrote:
> Yep, thats the story I got as well..  We decided, for our needs, to
> spare all parts and use the cheapest support level.  We don't really
> need TAC help, just the HW support, ends up being much cheaper.

Jason,

Did you get up getting SP Base or RTF?  I'm having trouble figuring out
what exactly SP Base is.  It sounds like RTF with no return options if
the card craps out on you.  That might not be a big deal if you have 4
dozen or more of one item in your network.  A spare or 2 would be a
decent backup plan, coupled with the redundancy built into the network.
  SP Base would give you support and code.  We don't have enough 7600s
to justify spares beyond PSUs and fan trays. :-)

Thanks
Justin