[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 actual performance

Paolo Lucente pl+list at pmacct.net
Wed Feb 13 05:53:56 EST 2008

Hi,

well, the 720Gbps is just the total aggregate bandwidth that the switch fabric
backplane is able to support: 9 slots with dual 20Gbps switch fabric capacity
each. Then multiply it by 2 because they work full-duplex. Chassis with less
than 9 slots will have less than 720Gbps aggregate capacity; chassis with more
than 9 slots will have some of them connected through a single switch fabric
strand. Indeed, this might have some implications while designing the box, ie.
going 10G or having high-density 1G linecards. On the other side, introducing
DFCs will give your box more throughput in terms of Mpps it can actually switch.

Cheers,
Paolo