[c-nsp] FWSM, Contexts and ASA's

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Feb 13 12:54:51 EST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Christian Koch wrote:

> we are deploying FWSM for a customer firewalls, and someone has brought up
> the thought of moving our coproate firewalls (now on asa's) over to these
> same FWSM's..
>
> my main thoughts are to stray away from this.. does anyone run  an
> architecture like this now? or have any opinions on WHY to or to not do it?

We have a pretty extensive deployment of FWSMs and they work pretty well.
There are a few nagging bugs that may or may not be relevant to your
environment.

If your FWSMs are licensed for the number of contexts you'd need, then
setting your corporate environment up in its own context is pretty
straightforward.

jms