[c-nsp] Cisco VPN Client for 64-bit????

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Thu Feb 14 16:28:44 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:36:06AM -0600, Sean Granger wrote:
> I use the open source app, vpnc, in linux.
> Don't see why you couldn't just rebuild it in windows ... certainly in cygwin.
> This should get you started ... http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/
>
> No need to run all that overhead of a VPC/VMWare JUST for your VPN connection.

Please note that vpnc currently only supports psk and hybrid authentication
- so no certificate authentication.  Also, AYT and all other PC firewall
related stuff is missing. IKE fragmentation and Split DNS are missing as
well (an experimental patch providing split dns on Linux systems running
dnsmasq exists). Also, there is currently no installer for Windows and there
is no GUI on Windows.
But apart from that: There are quite a lot of happy Windows users and
additional users, testers and contributors are more than welcome!

 Ciao
     Joerg (current vpnc commit-slave)
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer at loplof.de>