[c-nsp] 7513 RSP4+ SSO Failover Question - 12.2(25)S12

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Fri Feb 15 11:36:04 EST 2008

Gregory Boehnlein wrote:
> Feb 15 00:49:57: %HA-3-SYNC_ERROR: CCB Playback error.
> Feb 15 00:49:57: %HA-5-SYNC_RETRY: Reloading standby and retrying sync
> operation (retry 1).
>
> I must have missed this last night..

This is from 12.0 S, but it may still apply.

CSCsd12203

Symptoms: On a Cisco 7500 router, the standby may reload with CCB
PLAYBACK errors when the standby boots up.

Conditions: This symptom has been observed on a Cisco 7500 HA setup.

Workaround: There is no workaround.

Further Problem Description: There is no functional impact.

> So it seems that there was a configuration synch error, so the slave dropped
> out and restarted?
Yep - Usually with a standard synch (from a wr me or something) it'll
try a couple of times before reloading the slave. You could enable
'debug issu error' ad see if it does it again. 12.2(25)S is up to
12.2(25)S15 now, although if has only done it once, it may be impossible
to establish if the upgrade actually solves anything.