[c-nsp] Telstra ADSL pix firewall running 6.3

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Sat Feb 16 00:10:58 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008, Joseph Jackson wrote:

> vpdn username username at direct.telstra.net password *********
> All the commands go in ok but when I do a debug pppoe packets it looks like
> the pix can't find the pppoe server.  It does the discovery but never gets a
> response so fails.  The telstra setup email includes an ATM VPI/VCI number
> but the pix doesn't support that (I'm guessing its only for routers).  I do
> not have outband access to the device and have been working with the
> datacenters smarthands through webex (love it).

> I haven't been able to get in touch with Telstra as its the weekend over
> there but I was wondering if you guys have come across this issue before.

Uhm, do you understand how its all meant to hold together?
If its a normal DSL service today then its PPP of some sort over ethernet
of some sort over an ATM VC. You've got a modem device that has the VPI/VCI
correctly configured, and acting as a real bridge?

Adrian
(Who does that sort of stuff in Australia for a living .. occasionally.)