[c-nsp] 6500 vs Packeteer

Aivars aivars at ml.lv
Tue Feb 19 15:03:29 EST 2008

With a dedicated shaper you will archive layer 7
application recognition and user based traffic shaping inbound and
outbound. SUP720 compared to a dedicated box will do just a very basic
things sometimes sacrificing other functions (microflow policing
and netflow). You could have 2 shapers if you require higher
availability. Also optical bypass comes as an option for most vendors.

I also guess that some good news from Cisco in shaping area are
comming. Check with your Cisco partner.

Aivars