[c-nsp] Full BGP tables on 3825/3845?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 03:44:20 EST 2008

Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> Is anyone using a 3825/3845 w/ 1GB to get full routing tables from 2
> upstreams?  Or is it better to go with a 7201 w/ 1GB?

Depends on the upstreams ... 3825 can be equipped with enough memory to
take the BGP prefixes easily. NM's slightly limit the available
interfaces you can use ... If you're going to take e.g. two T3s, I don't
think you should get into trouble ... even a dual 100M uplink would
probably still work, depending on the type of usage (PPS) ...

Guess it comes down to your budget in the end ... ;)

-garry