[c-nsp] DFC-3BXL vs DFC-3CXL

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Feb 20 11:20:59 EST 2008

Tassos,

Basically, if you have a Sup720-3B, it means you have a PFC3B.
If you have a module with DFC-3BXL then you will gain nothing, as the DFC has to match with the PFC model, so basically even though you have DFC-3BXL, it would operate in 3B mode.

The same works the other way. If you have Sup720-3BXL and DFC-3B on some module, you would basically force the whole router to work in 3B mode.

The reason for this is very simple. The DFC is basically a distributed replica of the central PFC, so they can only operate in the same mode.

Arie