[c-nsp] DFC-3BXL vs DFC-3CXL

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Wed Feb 20 11:37:48 EST 2008

I think i haven't made it clear enough....

Let's suppose i have the following 2 systems:

6500/SUP720-3BXL
6724-SFP (DFC-3CXL)

6500/SUP720-3BXL
6724-SFP (DFC-3BXL)

If i'm not mistaken both will operate in 3BXL mode, so what is the disadvantage of the first one?

Now, suppose i also have the following 2 systems:

7600/RSP720-3CXL
6724-SFP (DFC-3CXL)

7600/RSP720-3CXL
6724-SFP (DFC-3BXL)

If i'm not mistaken, the first one will operate in 3CXL, while the second one in 3BXL.
So the first one would be better (in what terms? That is my secondary question).

Generally, why should i choose 3BXL, when with a 3CXL i can have a 3BXL plus something more? That is my primary question.

Regards,
Tassos