[c-nsp] "Boot helper" or small IOS for Catalyst 3750

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Feb 26 11:49:36 EST 2008

Peter Rathlev wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> Strange, I don't have any TFTP-related commands when I boot into ROMMON.
> I tried after a reboot with 12.2(25)SEE2 and 12.2(35)SE5, just to see if
> they'd upgrade the ROMMON.

I could certainly be wrong but I was thinking that they had the ability.
  I don't recall ever needing the ability on anything newer than one of
the 00xl switches so I guess I've never really tested it out for myself.

> I guess the 3560 has the same basic software, basically being a 3750
> without stacking, so it should be the same. I haven't tried with a 3550
> yet, but since it's EoS I don't think I can justify using it.

I have 3750s, 3560s, and 3560Es but unfortunately they are all in
service so I can't check them myself.  Let me check cisco.com...

So I've done some searching on Cisco's site and I'm not finding anything
positive.  The most definitive hit I see is one on upgrading a 3750 and
what might be required if you format the flash and reload before
uploading a new image.  It unfortunately says xmodem.  So, I haven't
found positive hits and have found that one negative hits.  It's likely
that I'm just full of it.  Here I thought my last horrible xmodem
experience would be the last thanks to my eliminating old switches from
the network.  I guess I have a new feature request for my AM. :-)

Justin