[c-nsp] 100G Switch

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Feb 27 13:20:37 EST 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Tim Stevenson wrote:

> To clarify, this chassis is 80G per slot *ready* (as are
> all the E chassis versions) - but there is no 80G/slot
> fabric shipping today.

Okay, this clarifies my earlier-posted doubts.

My guess is folk would be more inclined to assume
80Gbps/slot is supported by the switch fabric today, if
that information is posted on www.cisco.com.

I see the vagueness in "... provides capabilities to support
system bandwidth capacity (80 Gbps per slot) up to...", but
then again... :-).

It would be nice to know why Cisco don't simply put out a
100Gbps/slot switch fabric, regardless of the current
802.3ba status.

Mark.