[c-nsp] 100G Switch

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Feb 27 14:23:25 EST 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Dino Farinacci wrote:

> Nope, the Cat6K has many more applications. Here are some
> differences between the two platforms:

I'm familiar with the various features of the 6500 and Nexus
7010; what I was asking was what plans Cisco have for
customers that require 40Gbps/slot and beyond in a pure
Layer 2 environment, given the current switch fabric
supported by the 6500.

Tim answered this already (thanks, Tim).

Some competing vendors (already) have plans in this area, in
some form or another.

For networks currently switching through 6500's in the core,
this information is useful for future planning.

Mark.