[c-nsp] tcpdump on ios?

e ninja eninja at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:37:42 EST 2008

Matthew,

In the light of the overwhelming responses to this thread, it would have
helped if you volunteered additional useful info about your needs e.g. your
platform type (the impact of monitoring traffic on a distributed platform eg
GSR/HFR differs tremendously from say a 2800), type of data you're looking
to track/capture/duplicate  - IP header only or the full monty. All of these
would have helped keep this conversation on track, to the point and less of
a guesswork for everybody :-)

Either way, as you've seen below, your options are a function of your HW &
SW platform and they range from very simple eg "show buffers [{address
hex-address | failures | pool pool-name | {all | assigned | free | old |
input-interface interface-type interface-number} [pool pool-name]} [dump |
header | packet]]" to netflow to the very complex like LI, in which case you
may be breaching your customers' right to privacy ;-)

/eninja