[c-nsp] Load Balancing loopback BGP sessions

mack mack at exchange.alphared.com
Thu Feb 28 21:36:36 EST 2008

We have a number of 6500 series switches with Sup720-3BXLs and DFC equipped 6704-10GE.
When doing loopback BGP sessions we have seen the sessions become unbalanced.
This happens primarily after a link flap.
The trick we have been using to rebalance them is to change the mls ip cef load-sharing.

By changing it to: mls ip cef load-sharing full
Then changing it back to: mls ip cef load-sharing full simple

Does anyone have recommendations for curing the problem in a more permanent manner?
Can anyone tell me which is really preferred for the 3BXL routing equipment and
the advantages and drawbacks of using full and full simple?

--
LR Mack McBride
Network Administrator