[c-nsp] MTU Issue on QinQ Eth link with MPLS

mb2 at os.datafx.com.au mb2 at os.datafx.com.au
Wed Jan 2 18:02:05 EST 2008

Hi,

We have recently had a QinQ link provisioned, but have noticed mtu
issues when testing.

The link is terminated on 2950's(Trunk Ports) at each end, with the
2950's then connected(Also trunk ports) to 7204VXRs, and the various
vlans broken out into dot1q Ints.

Without MPLS(Including MPLS L3 VPNs) running on the link, we can access
all WebSites without issue - As soon as MPLS is enabled, some sites are
not accessible(https sites, www.smh.com.au...)

If we switch back to our primary link(ATM), we also do not experience
any mtu issues.

Should we be decreasing the size of mpls mtu on the 7200's?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.